People need three positive emotions for every negative emotion to stay in balance, notes positive psychology researcher Barbara Frederickson. In other words, if we want employees to truly grow and develop, we need to provide feedback across the spectrum. The annual performance review doesn’t meet that need, nor does it match the overall nature of the modern workplace. Feedback, check-ins, and goal-setting are instead at their most effective when they’re a continuous collaboration between managers and employees.
“The purpose of performance management is to improve quality of work, productivity, and other business outcomes, but traditional approaches have consistently fallen short,” reads a Gallup report. As that same report states, only 14% of employees strongly agree that the performance reviews they receive inspire them to improve.
Although it’s clear this type of performance management has become ineffective, leaders at organizations accustomed to such methods might not know another way. Fortunately, CAE – a global pioneer in civil aviation, defense and security, and healthcare training – has been down this path already and is ready to spill the secret.
Lisa Stedel-Smith, leadership and organizational development leader at CAE, and Rosette Cataldo, vice president of performance and talent strategy at Workhuman, are hosting a webinar demystifying the continuous performance management journey on Thursday, June 13, at 3 p.m. ET.
Lisa and Rosette will walk through:
- CAE’s evolution to continuous performance management
- An approach to take to redefine the rules and rhythm of the process
- How they used Conversations® to move from talking about people to talking with people
- The ROI of this key business initiative
Key takeaways include:
- The mindset, skill set, and toolset CAE used to transition its organization
- How to set managers up for success in their roles as coaches and collaborators
- Why peer-based feedback and recognition are key steps on the road to continuous performance development
- Steps you can take to prepare your culture for the transition
- CAE’s experience and early success in developing an employee-led, human approach
I hope you’ll join us! Don’t forget to register here.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Jess Huckins