Every day it seems there is another story about a corporate data breach. More than 1.5 million user profiles were leaked from eSports Entertainment Association in December. Yahoo recently revealed there was a hack to its system in 2013 that impacted at least one billion accounts. And we all know the government isn’t immune to these kinds of threats either.
The truth is, no industry is immune – including HR. And while it’s an exciting time for HR technology innovation – there was more than 60% funding growth in 2015 – it’s imperative that HR leaders take a step back and consider all the internal and external threats posed by introducing new technology into the organization.
This applies to rewards and recognition programs. You may be in the process of choosing a recognition partner, or perhaps you have concerns about your current program. Below are 10 key questions you should ask to secure your peace of mind.
- How do you reduce the risk of data breaches? Research by Symantec Corp. shows that 191 million records were exposed by data breaches in 2015. No company is immune to cyberattack, as the risk employee data breaches is only increasing.
- How do you prevent unauthorized access to a recognition program? Any company-wide application – including recognition – has the potential to contain sensitive information that only employees within your company should have access to.
- How do you protect employee data transfer? You need peace of mind that any employee data associated with your recognition solution is kept safe and secure – and out of the wrong hands.
- How do you reduce the risk of system outage? You want to provide your employees with the best possible recognition experience – so they can recognize, congratulate, approve, and redeem anywhere they are, at any time of day.
- What systems do you have in place to prevent unauthorized transactions? Social recognition works best when every employee can both give and receive recognition. But how do you ensure appropriate awards are given to the right employees both domestically and internationally?
- Do you have features to prevent broadcasting confidential company information? Some social recognition vendors include a public awards feed (via social media tools such as Twitter and Facebook). How will your recognition solution ensure confidential company information isn’t published on the feed?
- Have you considered non-compliant workplace practices? How do you ensure that every employee has the same recognition and redemption experience, while also considering country-specific workplace practices?
- How do you ensure awards are equitable across different countries? If you have employees in more than one country, it’s important to ensure that awards sent and received between countries are fair and equitable.
- What steps do you take to prevent program abuse? Putting the power of recognition into the hands of employees has the potential to transform your culture. How do you prevent program fraud, such as multiple awards sent and received between the same employees?
- How do you prevent reckless spending? Empowering every employee to give monetary recognition to their peers and their team can make some leaders concerned about staying within budget.
10 Security & Safeguard Questions to Ask Your Recognition Provider
Click To Tweet
These are some of the most common concerns and safeguarding questions we hear from HR, security, and IT leaders in the process of choosing and implementing a new recognition program. If you want to know more about solutions Globoforce offers to specifically answer these questions, give us a call or send us a note. We’re happy to share more about how we ensure our clients’ peace of mind when it comes to security and safeguarding their programs.